Front End Lead Developer
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Cell Phone Allowance, Gym Allowance
Special Perks: Company Life Coach, Company Yoga Courses, Be Part of a Triathlon Team, Subsidized Monthly Company Activities.
Employment Type: Full-time
We hire superstars and not backgrounds. Young or old, if you have the stuff we’ll know. You must be a masterful Frontend Web Dev. Must be highly self-motivated and a fantastic communicator. Come and build your own empire within our fine, progressive company. We have a superb reputation and need real stars to take care of our best accounts/projects.
What makes us Diff?
We are the most technical ecommerce agency in the Shopify ecosystem with 7 years of experience and a team of 60+ in house ecommerce geeks servicing more than 250 clients across the globe. The clients that we serve are all unique and require something different and we accommodate all of them, with 3 offices in Montreal, Toronto and New York. To find more about who we are please explore our website at diffagency.com
What to Expect
As a Front End Lead Developer you will be responsible for turning mocked up designs into beautiful user experiences. Your understanding of the field will help shape our coding standards and best practices so that we can continue to deliver the best quality code to our clients.
We require passionate people that thrive to better themselves, augment their skill sets and transform their knowledge into value for our clients. Sharing knowledge is encouraged within our team, we are always learning and strive to take our craft to the next level and we want you to be a part of it!
This position is located in Montreal, Quebec. Our culture requires all members of the team to commute to the office as this is where you will be interacting with the other members of the team. Working from home is possible when needed; life gives you lemons!
What is required?
- 6+ Years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great sense of teamwork
- Sharp attention to detail
- Interest & willingness to lead a team of developers
- Strong problem-solving abilities and comprehension of greater business objectives
- Strong self-management practices with attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines, and remain calm under pressure
- Familiarity with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth
- Strong desire to help other businesses grow
- Desire to learn the Liquid (Shopify) templating language and master the Shopify & Shopify Plus platform
- Familiarity with GIT version control
- Passionate about technology
- 2+ Years of hands on Shopify Experience
- Meticulous use of version control
- Advanced HTML
- Advanced CSS
- Develop and maintain custom Shopify themes
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Actively learn and develop your skills, and work toward helping to coach junior team members
- Contribute to internal projects and planning discussions
- Develop reusable code and libraries for future use
- Develop documentation for code standards, and workflows
- Sublime Text, Brackets, Atom, PHP Storm, your text editor of choice
- GIT w/ Bitbucket
- Shopify Console Tool
Certified "best place to work Canada" 2017
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for us. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you and want to get to know you as soon as possible!