Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
Employment Type: Full Time
Do you have what it takes?
We hire superstars and not backgrounds. Young or old, if you have the stuff we’ll know. You must be a driven QA Tester and we will train someone who has everything we want. Must be highly self-motivated and a fantastic communicator. Come and expand your skillset within our fine, progressive company. We have a superb reputation and need real stars to take care of our best accounts/projects.
What Makes us Diff?
We are the most technical e-commerce agency on the Shopify platform with 6 years of experience and a team of +30 in house software engineers. The clients that we serve are all unique and require something different and we accommodate all of them. To find out more about who we are please explore our website at wearediff.com.
What to expect
As a QA Tester you will be responsible for executing test cases, writing bug reports, and ultimately ensuring that everything works before a project or feature is delivered. You will be the last stand before code is sent into the wild, nothing will slip past you. We require passionate people that thrive to better themselves, augment their skillsets and transform their knowledge into value for our clients. Sharing knowledge is encouraged within our team, we are always learning and strive to take our craft to the next level and we want you to be a part of it!
This position is located in Montreal, Quebec. Our culture requires all members of the team to commute to the office as this is where you will be interacting with the other project managers, developers and sales team. Working from home is possible when needed however in person communication with the team is incredibly important for our clients and our culture.
What is required?
- A QA testing certification and 6 months to 1 year of QA experience (preferably at a creative agency).
- Knowledge of QA strategies and methodologies.
- Experience testing across multiple devices and browsers (desktop, tablet web, mobile web, apps, or video games).
- Experience with a bug tracking tool, such as Jira, Redmine, or Mantis.
- Ability to work independently and with other team members.
- Excellent written and verbal skills – you’re poised, articulate and convincing.
Skills we love to see
Full of life, driving change and inspiring to others
Excellent verbal/written communication skills and be able to present information to project managers and developers
Capacity to set clear objectives, measure progress, and achieve results
Bilingual (Spoken French & English)
Automation - some knowledge of how to create and execute automated software tests would be beneficial.
Work with developers and product team to test new features of the web products
Help the developers understand what needs to be tested by communicating effectively in bug reports and verbal discussion.
- Provide detailed analysis and recommendations to the project lead.
- Help to improve the QA process by providing input and feedback to the lead.
- Test websites by comparing them to wireframes and designs and copy created by our creative staff.
- Your organiser of choice (Evernote, 2Do, etc)
Bells & Whistles
- Medical, dental & life insurance!
- Macbook Pro for business and personal use.
- Ability to work from home on an as-needed basis, sometimes life gives you lemons.
- Monthly fun company events (movie nights, go-karting, escape games, laser quest, rock climbing, picnics, etc!)
- No dress code
Diff is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for the company. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you and want to get to know you as soon as possible!