Perks Offered: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Cell Phone Allowance, Company Life Coach
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: USA East & West (remote)
Do you have what it takes?
We hire superstars and not backgrounds. If you have the stuff we’ll know. Come and build your own empire within our fine, progressive company.
What makes us Diff?
We are the most experienced full-suite ecommerce agencies in the Shopify ecosystem with 7+ years of experience and a team of 100+ ecommerce geeks supporting more than 250 clients across the globe. Our offices are located in Montreal, Toronto and New York. To learn more about Diff, visit diffagency.com.
What to Expect?
As a Business Development Manager you are dedicated to growing Diff’s portfolio of clients across multiple industry verticals. The Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility is to identify, source, negotiate, and close new business opportunities..
We require passionate people that thrive to better themselves, augment their skill sets and transform their knowledge into value for our clients. Sharing knowledge is encouraged within our team, we are always learning and strive to take our craft to the next level and we want you to be a part of it!
This position is located in USA
What is required?
- 5-7 years of proven experience as a Business/Sales Development Executive or similar role/ E-commerce industry sales experience
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Experience managing the entire sales cycle from lead generation to close to and consistently meeting/ exceeding sales targets
- Diplomatically handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Demonstrated success in reaching decision-makers
- Experience in consultative selling
- Experience selling to C-level executives, Head of Ecommerce, Head of Marketing, and Head of Technology
- Knowledge of the basic e-commerce technology stack
What we want to see
- Passion for e-commerce trends & technology
- Embodies Diff's Values (Excellence, Creativity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect)
- Competitive and result-driven with a need for achievement
- Strong relationship management skills
- Independent, mature and responsible work ethic
- Confident with ability to troubleshoot, identify problem areas and provide solutions
- Strong sense of ownership and sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Comfortable with a changing, fast-paced, startup environment
- Excellent communicator who uses data to inform decision making
- Excellent planning & time-management skills
- Ready to take on new challenges
- Sense of humor!
- Act as the face of Diff, demonstrating and communicating an extensive knowledge of our solution offerings creatively and effectively
- Build long-term, trusting relationships with prospects and clients
- Stay up-to-date with new services offerings and anticipate latest trends (you will read relevant news publications, research the events your prospects are attending and give feedback to the team about market trends
- Proactively seek new business opportunities within strategic target accounts
- Research strategic accounts, keeping CRM accurate with up-to-date contact and business information
- Identify target accounts, map the organization esp decision-makers, present a compelling business case, and ultimately convert them into Diff clients
- Contact potential clients through cold calls, emails, and other methods of communication
- Drive the creation of presentation materials and proposals that effectively present Diff’s services
- Consistently meet personal quarterly/annual sales targets
- Google Suite
Diff is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certified ‘’Best Place To Work In Technology’’ Canada - Ranked 15th for 2018
Growth 500 Canada - Ranked 26th for 2018
Awarded Canadian Business Excellence (Top 10)
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for us. We are excited to meet you!
“I get trusted with tasks of like varying difficulty and get to feel like I’m being pushed to learn with the rest of my team there to fall back on if there’s anything I’m unfamiliar with or unsure of.”