User Journey Mapping
Cartography for Ecommerce.
Do you have an idea in your mind about how users would complete important tasks on your website? How lead generation turns to conversions? A key part of your users’ experience comes down to how much thought you’ve given to how they get from point A to point B.
With our User Journey Mapping, we chart how users would navigate your experience, identifying pain points and other barriers to user success. This process often takes place before design, but is also just as valuable for existing ecommerce sites.
- Review website or any existing website documentation speaking to functionality, features or goals.
- Review any existing user data: demographics, psychographics, analytics (for existing websites)
- Create and refine “Use Cases” - These are the scenarios that we’ll be mapping. Think any important goal a user might have, and add real life context to it.
- Map the “happy path” - this is how the user would complete their task if everything went exactly to plan and there were no barriers.
- Analyze the happy path. Identify potential risks, and likely pain points (opportunities for frustration).
- Look through the current user journey and identify where the user would have to make decisions. These divergences are a part of the map.
At the end we’ll have created user journey maps to help guide the design process. These maps help us to be conscious of the users needs, and potential risks in the design process.
Get your User Journey Mapping started today
Our team of ecommerce professionals at diff include UX Specialists, Strategists, and marketers who can work with you to find insights that help you connect with your customers. Get in touch with us to learn how we can elevate your online store with an enhanced user experience that drives meaningful connections with your audience.